Membership in the Friends of the Montague Grange is $25 annually, and is tax deductable. To join, please print, fill out and mail in the membership form.
December 2011 Newsletter
Things happening at the Montague Grange in December
posted Mon, Nov 28, 2011
November 2011 Newsletter
Things happening at the grange in November
posted Wed, Nov 16, 2011
Montague Grange Silent Auction - 2011
Held during Old Home Days, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, inside
posted Thu, Aug 11, 2011
One Vision of the Hall
Imagine this, if you will...
- Walk up to the building and open our antique-ish yet functional outer doors. All clean and repaired windows (no plexi) and freshly painted.
- Enter into the foyer which is tastefully painted, polished wood floors with a handsom runner protecting it. Wall-mounted brochure racks next to the corkboard. Maybe a painting on the wall.
- As you walk towards the double doors in front of you, you glance to the right and see a cozy room with couches and a couple of coffee tables around a colorful rug. The walls are painted in a warm orange / yellow sponge applique. There may be music playing in there from the hall stereo.
- You continue walking towards the double doors, which are not your ordinary blank hollow plywood doors. These are heavy, windowed doors. Maybe not French, but nice doors.
- Then you open the doors. Wow. The floor is pristine and glossy, brightening the whole room. The walls are white, further giving the impression the room is aglow. There is no extra furniture in the room... no second piano, no diases, no stacks of chairs. Just benches along the walls. The windows have heavy yet tasteful drapes on them. Looking up the hammered ceiling is far, far over head with a spectacular crown molding. Four ceiling fan / light fixtures hang in the corners, surrounding a simple but tasteful chandelier hanging in the center.
We think this is what we want people to see when they come in. We want people to say, "Holy cow. This is a space I can rent? This is a space I can hold my events in? This is a space in my little town that I have regular access to? They hold regular potlucks here? I can have a party here? I can have a business presentation here? Wow."
Getting there will obviously take a lot of effort and time and money, but man oh man will it be worth it. We will rent it. We will have community involvement. We will be proud of it.
Help us reach that goal, for you.