Membership in the Friends of the Montague Grange is $25 annually, and is tax deductable. To join, please print, fill out and mail in the membership form.
December 2011 Newsletter
Things happening at the Montague Grange in December
posted Mon, Nov 28, 2011
November 2011 Newsletter
Things happening at the grange in November
posted Wed, Nov 16, 2011
Montague Grange Silent Auction - 2011
Held during Old Home Days, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, inside
posted Thu, Aug 11, 2011
Projects, We Need Help...
With the arrival of 2010 we have decided to take a long-term, fundraising approach to get everything done. We not only want to get the serious issues resolved before they become critical, we also want to make improvements to the hall to make it a comfortable space to hold community events.
Here’s our list:
- The back exit roof is also in pretty bad shape. This isn’t as urgent as the main roof, nor as difficult to do. A few members of the Grange have volunteered to fix it, assuming materials and assistance is provided.
- Back exit repairs: Close up all wall and window gaps and insulate.
- We need a new dehumidifier, preferably a large unit that can handle the basement.
- Entrance Make-Over: The hall foyer needs to have the rolled vinyl flooring removed, and the maple flooring underneath sanded and protected.
- The front doors (well, the locks, specifically) need repairing or replacing.
- The coat room needs a serious make-over as well. This room could become a comfortable study or library. Remove the wallpaper, linoleum flooring, obsolete heating duct and all clutter. Paint, sand the floor, and add comfy furniture.
- The closet needs storage shelving installed and serious re-organization.
- In order to accommodate the elderly or disabled members of our community, and to comply with ADA regulations, we need to install a wheelchair ramp into the front entrance. This is another big-ticket item that we estimate at $5,000.
- Insulation: Heating the Grange is a major expense in the winter, and a big reason is that the walls aren’t insulated, nor is the ceiling.
- Remove Drop Ceiling: There is a beautiful tin ceiling in the main hall. It needs to be uncovered and have the paint stripped off. Center chandelier installed with four light / fan fixtures. Magnificent. With volunteer help this could cost only $2000.
- First floor bathroom: Build an addition to the left of the stage.
- First floor office: Build an addition to the right of the stage.
Making these repairs and additions will enable us to start a serious rental campaign, making the hall much more sustainable, as well as creating a nice space for the community to use.
However, as you can see from the mounting estimates, these repairs will cost money.
As such, we have starting a Friends of the Montague Grange 501(c)(3) non-profit. All donations to this organization are tax-deductible. Please mail a check in the amount you can handle to FMG, 181 Meadow Road, Montague, MA 01351. The more you donate the better. We are also looking for donation of time and materials. Please contact us if you have any skills or time to donate if you are short on funds.
Let’s return the Grange hall back to the gem it used to be. A space to be proud of!
Thank you for all you can do.
Your Friends at the Montague Grange.
The Friends of the Montague Grange is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. All donations are tax-deductable. Make all checks payable to Friends of the Montague Grange, 181 Meadow Road, Montague, MA 01351